How We Collect Your Information
Information We Collect
We collect various types of Customer Information. A summary of the types of information that we collect is set forth below:
- Customer Contact Information. Your Customer Contact Information is any information needed to contact you and fulfill your orders and requests such as your name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address.
- Private Customer Information. Private Customer Information is that information that may be necessary to check credit and process payments. Such information includes your Social Security Number, credit card information, and banking and wiring information.
- Customer Order Information. Customer Order Information is that information necessary to complete your orders and requests for information. Such information may include your Customer Contact Information, programming and packaging selections, your billing and shipping information, as well as other details pertaining to your order of products and services through us.
- Demographic Information. Demographic Information is publicly available information that we may learn about you regarding such things as your age, income, home ownership, household size, etc. that helps us to provide you with better offers for products and services.
- Website Usage Information. Website Usage Information is information that we collect, via anonymous third-party cookies, that tells us about the way you use and navigate through our websites.
- Proprietary Analytics. This site uses proprietary analytics systems to help improve usability and the customer experience. We may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, user agent, browser version, operating system, browser extensions installed, browser features enabled, and other non-personally identifiable behavioral and non-behavioral information. You can choose to disable these features by electing to use the private browser setting and/or disabling java script. Note, that doing so will disable other features that this site may employ.
directwirelesscable.com has implemented a variety of encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. We also maintain procedural safeguards that restrict access to your Customer Information to employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who need to know your Customer Information to provide the products and services that you request.
Additional PCI Requirement as a Service Provider:
We acknowledge to our customers that we are responsible for the security of cardholder data we possess or otherwise store, process, or transmit on behalf of the customer, or to the extent that we could impact the security of the customer’s cardholder data environment.
Use and sharing of customer information
All your Customer Information is used in an effort to process your orders and requests and to provide you with the products and services you desire. We may share your Customer Information with third parties to complete your purchases of products and services as described below. In addition, your Customer Information may be used and shared in an effort to present to you other special offers and promotions that may become available. The extent to which we use and share your Customer Information depends upon the nature of and purpose for which we use and share it. A summary of how we share your Customer Information with third parties is set forth as follows:
- With Third-Party Product and Service Providers. We share your Customer Information, as needed, to the third parties who provide the products and services you request. We frequently act as a third-party marketer and seller of various brand name products and services, and we provide these companies with the information necessary to carry out your orders. How these companies use your Customer Information, once we have passed it on to them, is governed by their respective privacy policies and procedures.
- With Third-Party Advertisers. Although we never share your Private Customer Information with any third parties, except with the Third-Party Product and Service Providers described above, we may share other types of your Customer Information with third-party advertisers who are able to use that information to provide you with special offers or promotions. The ways in which such advertisers may subsequently use your Customer Information is governed by their own privacy policies and procedures. You may opt out from having us share your Customer Information with third-party advertisers by following the steps in the next section. Additionally, we may share information with third parties for the purpose of preventing fraud and scams.
- With Third-Party Cookies. We allow third parties to collect anonymous information when you visit our website and to use that information to serve ads for our products or services when you visit the other websites. These third parties may use anonymous information (e.g., navigational, non-personally identifiable information, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during your visits to our website to provide advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These parties may use a cookie or a third-party web beacon, or other technologies, to collect this information.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: BY PROVIDING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION, INCLUDING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU ARE EXPRESSLY GRANTING US PERMISSION TO CONTACT YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE PREVIOUSLY CHOSEN TO HAVE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER ADDED TO ANY DO-NOT-CALL LIST INCLUDING LISTS MAINTAINED BY US, OR ANY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY. IN ADDITION, YOUR STATE MAY HAVE LAWS THAT PREVENT US FROM CALLING YOU ON YOUR MOBILE/CELLULAR TELEPHONE. IF YOU USE A MOBILE/CELLULAR TELEPHONE AS YOUR PRIMARY MEANS OF COMMUNICATION, PLEASE CALL US TOLL-FREE IN THE U.S. AND CANADA AT 866-757-8515. YOU GIVE US AND OUR REPRESENTATIVES PERMISSION TO CALL OR TEXT YOU AT THE NUMBER PROVIDED USING AUTOMATIC DIALING TECHNOLOGY AND/OR A PRERECORDED MESSAGE. YOUR CONSENT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT TO MAKE A PURCHASE FROM US.
ARBITRATION. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE(S), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (TCPA), WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT. SEVER ABILITY ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT THAT IS PROHIBITED OR UNENFORCEABLE IN ANY JURISDICTION SHALL, AS TO SUCH JURISDICTION, BE INEFFECTIVE TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH PROHIBITION OR UNENFORCEABLE WITHOUT INVALIDATING THE REMAINING PROVISIONS HEREOF, AND ANY SUCH PROHIBITION OR UNENFORCEABLE IN ANY JURISDICTION SHALL NOT INVALIDATE OR RENDER UNENFORCEABLE SUCH PROVISION IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION.